Sunday, June 30, 2019

STAR TREK

I've never really been a Trekkie. (Science fiction isn't usually my thing.) My sister had a crush on Leonard Nimoy, but not because of Star Trek--it was from his time on Mission:  Impossible as Paris the disguise expert.

Some of the writing was interesting.  There was one episode about this couple alone on a planet where these alien creatures were dying from lack of salt, and one of them killed the wife then took her form.  The twist was that the husband eventually admitted he'd known all along that this wasn't his real wife, but he humoured the creature anyway out of sheer loneliness!

I sometimes liked the second series The New Generation.  I remember one episode where Captain Picard visited earth, and the final shot was an old-fashioned image of a shepherd boy looking up at the starts.

I like to say that when Picard says "Make it so!" Ryker says "Yeah, make it so!"

No comments:

Post a Comment