Saturday, October 5, 2019

The fragility of life

The Chinese have a saying, "We take our socks off at night, not knowing if we'll put them on in the morning."

Speaking of fragility, I had a set of drinking glasses that broke easily.  The last of them recently developed a crack near the bottom, but I didn't care because it wasn't leaking.  The other week a relative visited and my room got Marie Kondoized. (I admit it was on the messy side.) One of the changes was that I got a big new table for my computer.

The crack in that glass had grown longer, but I still didn't care.  So of course, when I sat down at my new computer table, my glass came apart spontaneously and the table got drenched!  Hello again, mess. (I didn't tell anyone because it was my problem.)

I once had a laptop computer where the screen got cracked. (I think one of my little nieces must have sat on it.) It turned out that the warranty didn't cover a cracked screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment