Saturday, August 24, 2013

Clouds

I guess I like cloudy skies.  I've always thought of heaven as a place with an overcast sky rather than a blue one.  I also have a soft spot for fog and mist. (We used to get it in my New Brunswick hometown more often than here in Toronto.)

As clouds go, there's something to be said for a cumulonimbus thunderhead with its dark, top-heavy look. (I read about different cloud types in the Boy Scout handbook.) I was on a plane once and saw a thunderhead whose shape reminded me of Godzilla.

I also like a mackeral sky, which you can get at sunset if the clouds appear at just the right place above the sun.  And a jet trail can be interesting.

Seeing the sun or the moon through light cloud can also create an unusual sight.  But I don't recall ever seeing a "sun dog" image.

To tell the truth, I find blue skies a bit boring.

I used to play the piano when I was young.  I played some of Mendelssohn's Songs Without Words, which are pretty nice, thought they tend to sound the same.  One of them is called "The Fleecy Cloud." It's kind of complicated because you have to play four notes against six.  But I think I managed to play it.

No comments:

Post a Comment