Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Breakfast

I eat a rather austere breakfast:  an apple, an orange, a banana, a carrot, sometimes an extra fruit like a pear or a peach. (Fried foods in the morning I don't care for.) I always eat the orange first, and the carrot last.  And I usually avoid eating the banana second-last:  for some reason,  I don't like eating a carrot when I still have the taste of a banana in my mouth.

My sister Moira likes the big breakfasts they serve in New York City.  She once said that her only reason for visitin New York would be to have a New York breakfast, but she knows places in Toronto that serve it. (There are also places that serve a high-calorie British breakfast.)

I remember the TV commercials for sugar-coated kiddie cereals that called them "part of this nutritious breakfast," and they'd show the cereal next to foods that were nutritious.  It was pretty shameless.

No comments:

Post a Comment