Thursday, October 24, 2013

Something that was not as it appeared to be

I don't recall being fooled by appearances too often.  There was the time that my family and I were staying at a place in France.  When they served dinner, the host brought out this big fancy soup tureen, and filled it with Campbell's Tomato Soup.

Of course, there have been times when I belied my own appearance.  I remember when I was a Ph.D. student at York University preparing for my comps (comprehensive exams), my sister Moira doubted that I was taking the prospect seriously.  Then when the exam happened, I knocked 'em dead!  Similarly, on the night before my final Ph.D. examination I went out to the movies. (Appropriately enough, it was a German silent film titled Destiny.) But I passed in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment