Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Any last requests?

What's on my bucket list?  I'd like to visit Greenland someday.  And I want to visit Disneyland--the California one, not Disney World in Florida--just for Main Street, U.S.A. (I heard it was based on Disney's actual hometown.) Also I want visit the Prado art museum in Madrid, Spain, where they have all those paintings by Velazquez and Goya.  But there's still time for that.

What if I were about to go in front of a firing squad?  My last request would be two cans of Pepsi Cola.  And I'd refuse the blindfold and try to give the firing squad my middle finger. (Mata Hari blew her executioners a kiss.) Most historians assume that Julius Caesar's last words to Brutus mean "You too, my son?" but one has argued that a better translation would be "Screw you, kid!" That's the spirit I want to show!

No comments:

Post a Comment