Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Letting someone down

Back in the early 1990s my sister Moira and I lived together in Toronto.  At one time she was going to a lecture series about Dante's Divine Comedy, a non-credit course being offered at the University of Toronto.  Those Monday night lectures were the high point of her week.

One Monday in the winter season I was going out to York University on a day with a heavy snowfall.  On this day of all days, I lost my house key!  After arriving at the university, I phoned Moira and asked her to stay home till I arrived so I wouldn't be locked out.  I hoped my return wouldn't take too long.

But of course, my return did take too long.  Because of the heavy snow it took the bus over an hour just to get from the university to the subway!  I was so late that Moira had to miss her lecture waiting for me.  I felt really bad about it.

It turns out, however, that Moira has forgotten the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment