Sunday, December 6, 2015

A favourite magazine

One magazine I subscribe to is Harper's.  It has stuff like the Harper's Index, full of telling statistics, and Annotation, which takes a document and adds notes to show what it really reveals.

I used to read the leftist magazine The Nation a lot back in the 1990s.  I don't read it as much today because it no longer has columnists Christopher Hitchens and Alexander Cockburn, but I sometimes read Katha Pollitt.

I now read some magazines online.  Every day I glance at Salon, whose articles vary but are often interesting.  (Allen Barra used to write a sports column for them, and that's the only time I've followed a sportswriter!)

I also read The Huffington Post.  They have a wide range of writers, but for me the fun part is posting comments and getting into online quarrels.  Lately I've been supporting Bernie Sanders and putting down Hillary Clinton.  I've also criticized President Obama and incurred the wrath of people who worship him.


No comments:

Post a Comment