Monday, December 14, 2015

Ice cream

When I was little, we had a cottage near Northumberland Strait.  Sometimes we'd go there and bring ice cream, but by the time we ate it it would be half-melted.  To tell the truth, I rather like half-melted ice cream. (You can enjoy the flavour more because your taste buds don't get deadened as quickly.) So I prefer ice cream in a bowl that's still hot from the dishwasher!

My favourite ice cream flavour is cherry vanilla.  I also like strawberry ripple, but they don't seem to make that any more.  My mother liked ice cream with nuts in it, but I never have.  I can't imagine why anyone links mint!

In my neighbourhood, there's a fine ice cream shop called Dutch Dreams.  It would be a good place to take your date, what with its cute retro look.  I'm hoping to get a girl there one of these days...

I read somewhere that the best ice cream in the world is made with ultra cold liquid nitrogen. (It can also make instant compost.)

I once saw a Scottish movie titled Comfort and Joy, about a Glasgow D.J. who settled a gang war among ice cream vendors by inventing ice cream fritters!

No comments:

Post a Comment