Friday, January 1, 2016

Flying

I don't fly too much.  It's mostly when I visit London, England.  On my way there I take the redeye flight overnight.  I always hope to sleep on the plane, but I never seem to do it much.  With the flight back I'll leave in the morning and arrive in the afternoon, except that it feels like evening by then. (But jet lag is less severe flying westward than eastward.)

While I've flown in airliners, I've never been up in a helicopter or a balloon.  That sounds fun.  So do blimps, except that I've read they're very noisy.  I have a feeling that blimps could have a bright future if we get serious about conserving fuel and reducing emissions.

Some people have a phobia about flying, because it involves entrusting your fate to the total control of people you don't know.  I've never felt such fears, but I do recall a time when I was flying over the Pacific Ocean and the plane ran into some major turbulence.  Now that scared me!  It got me wondering what keeps an airplane in the sky at all.

I don't dream about flying so much, but I often dream of being on a ship or train.  Several times I've dreamed of being on the Titanic!

No comments:

Post a Comment