Sunday, August 28, 2016

My least favourite...

My least favourite food is unfresh fish and undercooked potatoes. (And I don't like ratatouille either.) Onions and tomatoes are two foods I've never liked.

My least favourite sound is the noise you make when you're sawing through a piece of styrofoam. (Try it sometime!)

One movie that I thought overrated is Life Is Beautiful.  The whole thing was stupid, shameless and rather tasteless.  It's the sort of movie that asks you to believe that Nazis would bring their own kids to a concentration camp for a children's party! (In real life, of course, a concentration camp is the last place they'd take them, next to the battle front.) All so they can have a "Roberto Benigni meets a Nazi child" scene!

It's hard for me to choose a least favourite TV show because I don't watch that many shows.  I can mention that I watched the whole first season of Orange Is the New Black, the Netflix comedy-drama about a women's prison, but I couldn't get into it.  It's something of an "oil and water" combination of the serious and the funny.  The best thing about it is several of the supporting characters, especially Laverne Cox as the transgender inmate, but the yuppie lead character is annoying. (Someone writing online said that she's annoying on purpose!) The writing is often clever, but sometimes cleverness trumps credibility:  I had the same feeling about Weeds, another Jenji Kohan production.

No comments:

Post a Comment