Sunday, January 21, 2018

Beautiful sunrise

Sometimes I think about all the sunrises I've missed from not waking up early like farmers do.  But that's life.  If I always went to bed before sunset I'd think about all the sunsets I missed.

I've seen a really clever movie titled Tequila Sunrise after the cocktail.  It's about restaurant hostess Michelle Pfeiffer getting involved with both retired drug dealer Mel Gibson and drug cop Kurt Russell.

There's stuff that's so complicated you can only figure it out through repeated viewings.  Like the scene where Mel mentions that he manufactures irrigation hoses that you bury so the water will slowly seep into the soil. Later, near the climax, there's a scene where he and the drug kingpin are in Mel's boat and it's forced to stop because the fuel line is leaking.  I eventually realized that Mel must have replaced his fuel line with one of those hoses so the boat would be forced to stop and it would look like an accident!

There's some great dialogue too.

Kingpin: "Don't worry, Buddy.  We won't kill the girl unless you agree." Mel: "And if I don't agree?" "Then we keep talking until you do!"

Kingpin: "I could see this coming all along--cocaine is no damned good for anyone!  Grass is the future, Buddy--grass!"

And there's a scene where the drug cops are observing Mel's beach party disguised as pet control officers, but they don't fool him: "Wrong-size handcuffs!"

No comments:

Post a Comment