Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Cell phones

I only got a cell phone last spring.  Getting it registered was a frustrating business.  I had to bring in some government ID, but I don't have a driver's license and they don't accept health cards, so I had to go home and get my passport for them.

I got it just before visiting London, England. (I've gone there seven times in the last couple of decades.) One useful thing is the camera feature: I got to take quite a few pictures of the city.  I eventually used it to phone home, though that was hard to figure out.  I still haven't got into the habit of carrying it around.

Some people use their cells to go online or play computer games on the road.  I don't dare do that because for me going out is a time to get away from all that.  There lies the path to madness!

Whenever I hear someone talking on his cell, for a moment I wonder if he's talking to me!

1 comment:

  1. However there are times when a cell phone is very handy!

    ReplyDelete