Friday, October 26, 2018

Life-changing event

I've been posting on a blog entries in my diary from fifteen years ago.  In the fall of 2003, I wanted to take another acting course with the TDSB night school program.  I'd taken a couple recently and enjoyed it greatly.  One effect this had is that when I saw Lawrence of Arabia again, I noticed how Peter O'Toole listened when the other actors delivered their lines!

That fall I noticed that the TDSB also offered an opera course.  This interested me greatly, but it was on the same night as the acting class and I gave the latter priority for now.  But in the end the drama class was cancelled, so I got to take the opera course after all.

I've been in the Toronto City Opera chorus ever since, only missing a couple of their annual seasons.  Our next production will be Mozart's The Marriage of Figaro, with a Pop Art look.  It looks like I'll be dressed as an Andy Warhol type.

Sometimes I wonder, What would have happened if that drama course hadn't been cancelled?  Would I never have got involved with the opera group?  Our would my nature still have led me to it?  But I don't spend much time on moot questions.

That's me on the lower far right of the photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment