Friday, July 11, 2014

Agendas

What are my agendas?  Just now, I've set out to read every novel that was made into a Classics Illustrated comic book. (I've recently read The Pioneers, The Last of the Mohicans, King of the Mountains and Waterloo.) Sometime I'm going to put my comics  collection into better order.  

I've played several Facebook games of the Sim City type, where you build cities and it takes time to develop different resources so you have to plan.  I like that kind of challenge where it's in a virtual world and your mistakes don't hurt anyone.  

I've been slowly working my way through the book Teach Yourself Ancient Greek:  there are 25 chapters, and I recently finished the twentieth.  I've also been translating Julius Caesar's famous Latin narrative of the wars in Gaul, the one that begins with the line "All Gaul is divided into three parts..." (Actually, for my translation I prefer "Greater Gaul is divided...) I've reached the part where he's fighting the Germans, but run into a tough passage, so I'm leaving it alone a while for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment