Monday, July 28, 2014

My favourite thing

I suppose my favourite thing is my comics collection.  I have quite a few comic books, especially stuff like Donald Duck and Uncle Scrooge and Classics Illustrated, but I especially like the Sunday funnies I used to buy on Ebay.  Stuff like Steve Canyon and Prince Valiant and The Heart of Juliet Jones and Flash Gordon and Li'l Abner.

I also have a lot of hardcover reprints of comic strips like Popeye and Peanuts and Calvin & Hobbes.  And I have a practically complete collection of The Menomonee Falls Gazette, which ran in the 1970s and reprinted whole weeks of strips like Rip Kirby and Modesty Blaise and Johnny Hazard and Mary Perkins on Stage.  Come to think of it, maybe I'll read them all again.  What great stories!

I also like our new bread machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment