Thursday, November 22, 2018

Bicycles

I haven't ridden a bicycle for years.  Walking is good enough for me.

In Denmark they have this nifty recumbent bike with three wheels and an egg-shaped streamlined cover around it.  I'll be you could mount a mast and sail too!

It's a shame that most Americans associate bicycles with children.  If grownups started using bikes instead of cars, it could revolutionize their way of life!

I once saw this Italian movie The Bicycle Thief, about a man whose livelihood depends on his bicycle being robbed of it, then him and his sone going on a long search for it.  That's a movie I'm never going to see again--too sad for me!

I remember this commercial for Chef Boyardee's Beefaroni where a kid on a bike zooms into an alley, then half a dozen kids on bike come zooming out!

I also remember an episode of the religious puppet show Davey and Goliath where he met a girl and let her ride on his bike's handle bars--though he knew that was dangerous--and they got into an accident.

No comments:

Post a Comment