Monday, November 26, 2018

Beauty

Beauty isn't everything, but it sure isn't nothing!  Of course, female beauty is something that women notice twice as much as men!

I once read a book of Italian folktales, and one of the stories had a villainess called the Ugly Arab Woman.  Yet of the actual Arab women I've seen, a lot of them are really gorgeous, like George Clooney's wife Amal. (She's a human rights lawyer, so I suppose she has inner beauty too.) I have a feeling that in the Middle East they have a deeper understanding of beauty than we do in the West.

Ever see the Disney movie Sleeping Beauty?  There's an evil fairy called Maleficent, and one of the good fairies says about her, "I don't think she's really happy." But there's this big climax where Maleficent turns into a dragon--right at that moment, I'll bet she was happy!

And there's another Disney movie, Beauty and the Beast.  The ending I'd like to see is one where Belle marries Beast and gives birth to mutants!  Friends visit them and say, "What cute little mutants you have!"

Aside from redheads, I find that women look more beautiful in black & white photos than in color...

No comments:

Post a Comment