Monday, November 19, 2018

Snowball fight

I can't think of much to say about snowballs.  I like the moist snow that falls in big flakes that allows you to make snowballs and snowmen.  But it quickly freezes and becomes icy snow, which I don't like.

I remember learning that snowballs with a rock inside are dangerous!  That's something I never tried...

I remember seeing Abel Gance's silent movie Napoleon.  In one early scene, when he was at military school, the cadets had a snowball fight.  Napoleon's group was outnumbered, but thanks to his tactical skills they gave the other side a licking!

In Orwell's Soviet allegory The Animal Farm there's a pig called Snowball who clearly represents Trotsky. (His name must come from the expression "as much chance as a snowball in hell.") And I think the comic strip Steve Canyon had a Chinese guerrilla leader called Princess Snowball.  (On second thought, she was Princess Snowflower!)

No comments:

Post a Comment