Friday, May 23, 2014

My doppelganger

It's hard for me to imagine having a doppelgänger.  When they made James J. Matthews, they broke the mild!  Or to use a Frank Zappaesque metaphor, they threw away the shovel.

I'd imagine that two people who are very similar can become heated enemies.  Like Ed Koch and Donald Trump when they fell out in the late 1980s.  There were both New York motormouths sou wore their aggressiveness on their sleeve. Koch called Trump "Greedy, greedy, greedy!" and I think he also called him "jerky," one of the first times I heard that word. (It takes one to know one, of course.) I remember seeing both of them on Phil Donahue's talk show, where I couldn't help noticing the similarities.  Donahue's show is one of the only things from that decade that I actually miss today.

No comments:

Post a Comment